Even though I’m thirteen years old, I have a pretty good idea of what I’m going to do as an adult. I would like to be an Agronomist. My current GPA is 3.0, so it wouldn’t hurt to raise my grades.
I want to be an Agronomist. To become an Agronomist I will have to get an associate degree in college. And I will also need to keep my grades up in school. According to “Sciencedaily.com” “Agronomy is a branch of agricultural science that deals with the study of crops and the soils in which they grow. Agronomists work to develop methods that will improve the use of soil and increase the production of food and fiber crops.” According to Tom Eubank almost all students can come straight out of college and find a job. To be successful at Agronomy you need to at least have associate's degree in college or a bachelor's degree for high ranked field positions. For me to be an agronomist I will have to get a college degree, and do good in high school. I will try to get good grades so I can get a good scholarship to a school, so then I have to pay less.
I will experience lots of science talking with local farms.According to “environmentalscience.org” “Agronomists study the numerous ways plants can be cultivated, genetically altered, and utilized to our advantage. Agronomists can specialize in a number of different fields, but most focus on increasing the quality and quantity of plants produced - particularly for food stores. Typically an Agronomist will spend their workdays performing experiments on plants to improve their durability, longevity, and crop yield. The idea is to provide the most lush, disease-free crops as possible.” If you know these things you will be able to get a higher job position. Then you make more money and this carries you up the bar.
I will need to know lots about seeds chemicals, and fertilizer. According to Jim Hamilton “you are gonna need to know science, because you are dealing with chemicals all the time. You're looking at ph levels, yields, and ect, and how to improve them. You need to know what kinds of fertilizers there are and which works best for what crops. This is the same with seeds.This is a demanding job, because we will never stop planting crops” If I go to the college I'd like to got to (OSU ATI) I can go for 2 years and get an associates degree. If I’m able to go there I will major in Agronomy, and can learn everything I will need to know to be an Agronomist. As long as we plant crops their will be jobs for agronomists.
Once I become an Agronomist I’d like to start with smaller farmers (500 acres) and make my way up to big farmers (2000 acres). I’d like to make new hybrids and plant genetics so crop growth and yields keep increasing.
1. A - tectonic plate (noun) - A tectonic plate (also called lithospheric plate) is a massive, irregularly shaped slab of solid rock, generally composed of both continental and oceanic lithosphere.
2. A - The Ring Of Fire - The Ring of Fire is a major area in the basin of the Pacific Ocean where a large number of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur.
3. A - pangea (noun) - Pangaea is a hypothetical supercontinent that included all current land masses, believed to have been in existence before the continents broke apart during the Triassic and Jurassic Periods.
4. A - Fault (noun) - (of a rock formation) be broken by a fault or faults.
5. A - Isostatic rebound (noun) - Post-glacial rebound (sometimes called continental rebound) is the rise of land masses that were depressed by the huge weight of ice sheets during the last glacial period, through a process known as isostatic depression.
6. A - sympathy (noun) - feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune.
7. A - empathy (noun) - the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
8. A - apathy (noun) - lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
9. A - connotation (noun) - an idea or feeling that a word invokes in addition to its literal or primary meaning.
10. A - denotation (noun) - the literal or primary meaning of a word, in contrast to the feelings or ideas that the word suggests.
Before career day I wanted to be an agronomist. I’ve wanted to be an agronomist for a long time, because I live on a farm and I'm interested in crops. I’d like to fly drones up in the sky and look at how crops are looking growth wise. I would also like to see how different fertilizers work on certain seed, and find the best way to improve yields. I thought I knew a lot about money, but I guess I didn’t know as much as I thought. In the real world things are expensive. If you have kids it is even more expensive because you have to be able to support them too. I thought you would only spend about a thousand dollars a month on insurance, car payment, food,daycare, and ect.
The first part of our day we went to a reality store in the gym. They had everything from buying a house to getting food. I feel that it helped us understand how life in the real word will be when we have to support ourselves. This is a good program that the school has put together. You had to go through everything that adults go through each month.
In the afternoon we went over to the high school and listened to some speakers. The things they shared with us I found helpful. They said that almost every job has a little math and science. I find this helpful to know because that means I need to pay attention and get good grades in those classes specifically. They made everything just like the real word. Now I understand how the real word is and why it is hard for so many people.
I Side with Donald Trump. I will vote Trump for president, and the rest of America should too.
Donald Trump doesn’t believe in Global Warming, and that’s a good thing. According to “ProCon.org” Donald Trump Thinks that global warming is just a coincidence. He says “the biggest tornadoes were in the 1890s, the biggest hurricanes were in the 1860s and 1870s. It's weather.” Everywhere is going to have bad weather at some point. Our earth has been warming up and cooling down for the last 10,000 years, and it’s nothing new. Our citizens shouldn't be scared of it. This determines that trump should be president because he is using facts from history and bringing them into play. If the earth has been going through warming and cooling periods for 10,000 years then it is nothing new. This is why people shouldn’t be freaking out about global warming. Also there isn’t any facts to prove people are causing global warming. That is just a self-inflicted thought people are getting because they hear it from others.
Hillary Clinton believes that global warming is a very serious issue. According to “ProCon.org” Hillary Clinton says “It's real, it's driven by human activity, and it's happening right now. We need to use every tool we have to combat climate change and accelerate the transition to a clean energy future.” There are no facts that prove people are the cause of Global warming. The earth has been warming up and cooling off for the last 10,000 years. This should make people think it is just a part of earth's history.
Donald trump wants to keep foreign refugees out of the U.S. According to “ProCon.org” He doesn’t want these people here because we don’t know where they're from. What they want from the U.S, and or if they are terrorist. This makes sense because we don’t know who these people are. They could be terrorist and we wouldn’t even know it. This is why we can't just let these people in and expect it to bring good things to the U.S.
These are reasons america should vote for trump. He would be a good person to represent america. America is in a lot of det and sense Trump is a businessman I feel he could get us out of lots of det. Do the right thing and vote for trump.
11. A - embody (verb) - be an expression of or give a tangible or visible form to (an idea, quality, or feeling).
12. A - exasperate (verb) - to cause irratation and anyoence.
13. A - fiasco (noun) - a thing that is a complete failure, especially in a ludicrous or humiliating way.
14. A - garnish (verb) - decorate or embellish
15. A - heritage (noun) - property that is or may be inherited; an inheritance
1. A - Naive (adjective) - showing a lack of experience
B - The young boy was naive at his new job, but his coworkers helped him.
2. A - Niche (noun) - your place in the world (a calling)
B - My brother always wanted to be a business man growing up, but now he is a school tech and loves it.
3. A - Obliterate (verb) - destroy utterly; wipe out.
B - The men obliterated the village, and didn't stop there.
4. A - Gratify (verb) - give (someone) pleasure or satisfaction.
B - The nurse made sure my grandmother was in complete gratify, before she left the room.
5. A - infinite (adjective) - unlimited.
B - I work for Carhart Clothes and I get infinite Clothes, and discounts.
6. A - Coefficient - the numerical factor of a term
7. A -multiplicative inverse - two numbers with a product of 1, also known as the reciprocal of a number
8. A - identity - An equation that is true for every value of the variable.
9. A - null set - empty set, meaning there is no solution for an equation
10. A - properties - statements that are true for all numbers
There shouldn’t be a tax on soda. I support this side because if the government adds tax on soda, the prices of other everyday things will rise. This is called Grocery Tax. If this happens people could be paying 5 dollars for a single can of pop, And that’s less money in your pocket.
The government wants to put tax on soda. They say if they put tax on soda less people would buy it. This would make less people overweight and out of shape. They think this is a great plan but what they don’t see the down side. People still buy cigarettes and they have a tax. It is the fact that when you crave something you will pay to have it, and that's why people pay so much for cigarettes.
I support the claim that doesn’t want to add tax to soda. I've chosen this side because if we tax soda there will be added tax on other things. Like everyday things that are cheap and we use a lot of. This just means we are just going to spend more money. Which means people will have to work more so they can have more money and they will get to see their families less. These are reasons I support that claim’s side.
Screenflow is a computer application that records. It records what is happening on your screen and what you are doing behind the camera. It can record your face but you can turn it off so that it is just recording what's happening on your screen. It is very helpful.
Screenflow has many different thing u can add to your video. You can add a textbox and put whatever you want in it. You can make the letters any color and the back ground any color too. You can split a clip and add a transition, you can also choose what u want the transition to be. There are many different transitions to pick from. You can add a video action which will give u the option to hide your tabs or zoom in on something specific. You can Add annotations which lets you add arrows and you can make them point to something specific. You can add music and have it louder or quieter than the words in the background.
You can use Screenflow in the real world to explain things in many different ways. For example if you own your own business and you need to show one of your workers how to do something on a computer u can use screenflow to record how to do it then you don't have to show every new employee you can just have them watch the video.
1. A - Accept (verb) - believe or come to recognize
B - I can accept the fact David is faster then me, but Wyatt cant.
2. A - Effect (noun) - a change that is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.
B - 9-11 effected many people, sense it was so tragic.
3. A - Affect (verb) - have an effect on; make a difference to.
B - When my grandmother passed away It had an affect on me , and my family.
4. A - Effect (noun) - a change that is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.
B - Sense my dog got loose, I had to go find her.
5. A - Principle (noun) - an idea that forms the basis of something.
B - The main principle of the fishing is to catch fish not buy lures.
6. A - Allusion (noun) - an expression designed to call something to mind without mentioning it explicitly
B - As I looked ahead at the road it looked like there was water on it, but it was an allusion.
7. A - onomatopoeia (noun) - the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named
B - The book fell and made a loud crack, and made me jump.
8. A - alliteration (noun) - the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.
B - Peter Piper picked a patch of pickled peppers but Patricia didn't.
9. A - irony (noun) - the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
B - I dropped a plate and my mom said "Thanks a lot", but she was in irony.
10. A - figurative (adjective) - departing from a literal use of words; metaphorical.
B - I said that my Dad could talk until the cows come home, thats being figurative.